Saturday, July 13, 2024

ADVENTURES IN CERPTSLAND VOLUME TWO: ELECTRIC HORTONANNY!



1. Nikki Hoi – Flo & Eddie  (Aloha, Joe!)

2. News News – George Carlin

3. Bonanza! – Johnny Cash

4. Friends (Live in Tokyo, Japan 1971) – Elton John

5. It’s My Nose’s Birthday -  Jimmy Durante (I don’t know WHY I thought of you when I put this song on here. . . .)

6. Return to Dos Rios (excerpt) – Frontier Town

7. Excitable Boy – Warren Zevon ( I don’t know WHY I thought of me when I put this song on here. . . .)

8. (I Married a) Monster From Outer Space –John Cooper Clarke

9. Cheeks in a Weird Part of Space – Sweet Cheeks a Donger Doo (This is the philosophy of these two cerpts cds so pay attention!!!  There’s some new shit and some old shit for your listening pleasure)

10. Touch Me (I Want Your Body) – Samantha Fox  (Um . . . welcome back to 1985!!!  The lil Cheeks loved this song)

11. I’d Rather Be Burned As A Witch – Eartha Kitt  (Mrrrrrreowrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

12. Eruption – Van Halen

13. Two Tribes (Carnage Mix) – Frankie Goes To Hollywood  (Frankie Goes To Kettle Run, more like it!!!)

14. The Continuing Adventures of Pedro de Pacas and Man – Cheech & Chong

15. Orange Blossom Special – Johnny Cash (First Cheeky request)

16. Eskimo Dog – The Smothers Brothers  (Second Cheeky request sort of)

17. Tetched in the Head – Johnny Horton  (First example on THIS cd of the Electric Hortonanny and I don’t know WHY I thought of you when I put this song on here!!!)

18. Walking After Midnight – Patsy Cline

19. Cool Water – Fleetwood Mac (FFS!)

20. Pickled Cucumber – The Fish Brothers (I don’t know WHY I thought of your penis when I put this on here!)

21. Headlines – George Carlin

22. The BJ Song – Garfunkel & Oates

23. Ah-Ha! – Freddie “Schnickelfritz” Fisher & His Orchestra  (Because EVERY cerpts cd need some ‘scratched-up cerpts’ on it . . . . and a heaping helping of schnickelfritz as well!)

24. Little Blue Riding Hood – Stan Freberg (the same old fairy tale but you got it in BLUE!)

25. Honky Tonk Hardwood Floor – Johnny Horton

26. Stairway To Heaven (Live) – Frank Zappa

27. Ghost Hunt – The Folktellers (NOT from that CHILLERS record though but from the LP “TALES TO GROW ON”)

28. The Nazis Had Tiny Genitalia – The Fish Brothers  (I don’t know WHY I thought of y . . . . . oh never mind)

29. This Track is About Pooping – Chris Hardwick  (OK, I DO know why I thought of you when I put this track on here!!!)

30. Amos Moses – Jerry Reed

31. Under Your Spell Again – Buck Owens

32. Urinals Are 50 Percent Universal – George Carlin

33. Sunday Morning Coming Down – Johnny Cash (Another Cheeky request!)

34. Whispering Pines – Zdenek Bervida  (WHOA!  Dat ain’t English!!!)

35. Johnny Reb – Johnny Horton 

36. Invoking Sa-Tan – Sa-Tan obviously!

37. O’Sanity – Yoko Ono  (my favourite Yoko Ono song. . . yeah there IS one.  Also probably because it’s incredibly short, that helps a lot!)

38. Highwayman – Highwayman (Wait, is this also from the album HIGHWAYMAN???  I’ll NEVER remember that shit!!!)

39. Me and My Teddy Bear – Frank Luther  (for lil doddies for to go to sleep with)

40. Holy Diver (Live) – Ronnie James Dio  (His name was Dio and he dances on the sand. . . .)

41. Cowboy’s Lament – Burl Ives (‘bout time we got some Burl around here!!!)

42. The Green Werewolf – The Pharaohs  (Ah, an Irish werewolf. . . . I guess)

43. Basketball Jones – Cheech & Chong

44. Hot Dog – Buck Owens

45. Death Valley – Glen Campbell

46. Ballad of the Alamo – Marty Robbins (Oh Christ, we’re in the western section of the cd again!!!)

47. Nineteen Men – Johnny Western

48. Public Enemy Number One – Webb Pierce

49. Gunfight at the O.K. Corral – Frankie Laine

50. Git Along Little Dogies – Burl Ives (OK, so it was only a matter of time till THIS song showed up . . . )

51. Luther Played the Boogie – Johnny Cash (Yes another Cheeky request)

52. A Few More Farts – George Carlin

53. I Got A Hole In My Pirogue – Johnny Horton

54. The Great Pumpkin Waltz (Reprise) – Vince Guaraldi Trio

55. Don’t Answer Me (Live) – The Alan Parsons Project

56. The Bird – The Time  (Hold on, hold on, why you all beatin’ on shit???)

57. Love Button – Barnes & Barnes  (I’m so clean yet I feel so dirty)

58. Panama – Van Halen

59. Rindercella – Archie Campbell

60. The Merry Minuet – The Kingston Trio (Still more wit da Cheeky requests)

61. Introduction/The Goldstein/Margaret O’Brien Story – Charles Laughton

62. Poetry:  The Rabbit/The Horse – Charles Laughton

63. She Will Cut Your Balls Off – Chief Kooffreh

64. Billy the Kid – The Fish Brothers

65. Rules, Rules, Rules! – George Carlin

66. The Incredible Jazz Banjoist – The Smothers Brothers (More Cheeky requests)

67. Go Home and Tell Your Mother – Don Voorhees & His Orchestra

68. Wish You Were Here (Alternate Take) – Fleetwood Mac

69. Leather Winged Bat – Burl Ives

70. Haints, Boo Hags and Plat Eyes – The Halloween Haunter

71. Rhythm and Booze – Buck Owens

72. Y’Ever – George Carlin

73. Zombie Therapist – Chris Hardwick

74. The Tour – The First Family

75. Life Gets Tee-Jus, Don’t It? – Walter Brennan

76. Irish Stories – Walter C. Kelly

77. Midnight Express – Walter Murphy  (Jesus, what’s with all these Walters in a row???!!!!)

78. I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Ice Cream – Fred Waring’s Pennsylvanians  (And some of us, it gives da farts to!!!)

79. Hooked On Polkas – Weird Al Yankovic

80. Of All the Gin Joints. . . – Casablanca

81. Werewolves of London – Warren Zevon

82. There Stands the Glass – Webb Pierce

83. Love My Son – Jo Koy

84. Bad (Live) – U2  (and can you TRY not to melt this cd please?!?!?!!!)

85. God’s Problem Child – Willie Nelson, Tony Joe White & Leon Russell

86. Sa-Tan Bitching About Gremlins – Sa-Tan again

87. Snow-Shoe Thompson – Johnny Horton

88. My Cat’s Birthday – Cheryl Wheeler

89. Science Fiction – Chris Rush

90. Bang the Drum All Day – Todd Rundgren

91. Chili Sauce – The Time

92. Let’s Make A Dope Deal – Cheech & Chong

93. Kickapoo (from Tenacious D In The Pick of Destiny) – Tenacious D feat. Ronnie James Dio & Meat Loaf

94. Honky-Tonk Man – Johnny Horton

95. The Great Indiana Blizzard of 1930 – Jean Shepherd (yeah the guy who wrote and narrated A CHRISTMAS STORY)

96. I’m Ready If You’re Willing – Johnny Horton (shouldn’t that say IF’N yer willin’????)

97. As the Witches Go Flying Along – The Golden Records Orchestra

98. The Number of the Beast – Iron Maiden (You put this on the very first cerpts tape you ever made me . . . so here it is again)

99. Cookiepussgate – Gene & Bryan (Was Tom Carvel murdered???  Hometown Tales podcast seems to think so)

100. Chili Bean – The Benson Orchestra of Chicago (DAYYYM, talk about scratched up cerpts!!!  Oldest song on this cd!  Dat record’s from 1920!)

101. Wasn’t That A Party – The Irish Rovers

102. Don’t Try To Hide It – The J. Geils Band

103. Winnie the Pooh and Eeyore Part 1 – James Stewart

104. Winnie the Pooh and Eeyore Part 2 – James Stewart (another bedtime story for lil Cheeky-Weekys)

105. Mediocre Fred – The Smothers Brothers

106. The Preacher and the Bear – Jerry Reed (the flip side of Amos Moses from the Jerry Reed 45 I’ve had for half a century)

107. The Chicken In Black – Johnny Cash  (See, it DOES exist!  Another special special request from Cheeks)

108. Elvis Presley – Jo Brand

109. Big Butter – Heywood Banks

110. Twat – John Cooper Clarke

111. Boobs A Lot – The Holy Modal Rounders

112. You’re Breaking My Heart – Harry Nilsson

113. Flushed From the Bathroom of Your Heart – Archie Campbell

114. Arf a Pint of Ale – Gus Elen

115. I’m Just A Quiet Drinker – Herb Hardt  (another scratched up cerpts 78!!!)

116. Winkle Picker Shoes – Bernard Cribbins (Awwwww I wonder how much he’ll be in the 60th anniversary special???  R.I.P. Wilf)

117. Let’s Talk About Black People Part 1 – Bert Kreischer (part 1?????!!!)

118. Let’s Talk About Black People Part 2 – Bert Kreischer

119. Twitterpated – Frankie Masters & His Orchestra (another cover of that classic cerpts fodder)

120. The Cave (Part 1) – Gary “Spider” Webb (I don’t know where part 2 is . . . I think I left it over there . . . )

121. The Little Man Who Wasn’t There – Glenn Miller & His Orchestra

122. Have You Heard? – The Duprees

123. Goofy Shit – George Carlin

124. Goofy Commercials – Goofy (OF COURSE this is on here. . . I think I’m a-gonna put this on every cerpts cd I make from now on!!!)

125. Run Rabbit Run – Stringbean (Oh no, he was on HEE HAW and den he got murdered!!!)

126. Jingle, Jangle – The Archies (I don’t think any member of the Archies got murdered, though)

127. Crows – The Gothic Archies  (Oh wait, GOTHIC Archies?!?!?!?  Maybe there was some murder after all)

128. Mysterious Mose – Bobby Dixon’s Broadcasters  (another cover of one of my favouritest Halloweenie songs)

129. I’m Gonna Sit On the Porch and Play My Guitar – Johnny Cash (funnily enough, Cheeks DIDN’T request this Johnny Cash song but it’s on here just like his version of BONANZA! Is on here so deal with it!!!)

130. Make Someone Happy – Jimmy Durante (Uh oh, we’re coming to the finish of this Cerpts CD so here we have several touching songs fer ya, ya horse’s patoot!!!)

131. True Love – Patsy Cline (This song my mother used to sing to me every night when I was very little and she tucked me into bed – along with MOCKINGBIRD and JESUS LOVES ME.  When I went to see her in hospice for the last time, she was asleep but when I was alone with her I held her hand and sang this quietly to her.  I like to think she heard me.)

132. Beautiful Ride – John C. Reilly  (how could such a truly beautiful song end up in such a goofy movie???)

133. Happy Trails – Van Halen (traditional Cerpts Tape ender)

134. MLK – U2  (even MORE traditional Cerpts Tape ender and backroom-with-the-lights-off singer)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment